BCDRN Meet the Researcher Series: Spring 2021 Schedule
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the discovery of insulin the BC Diabetes Research Network is delighted to introduce our faculty. This series of monthly spotlight sessions will highlight two faculty members and the research they do. Meet our faculty members and learn about their career, their research, ask questions and have a conversation about the future of diabetes research. Join us throughout 2021 for this interactive and engaging virtual Zoom series.
Schedule Spring 2021:
Speaker Series # 3: April 13 at 1 pm (PST)
- Annalijn Conklin, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UBC
- Jim Johnson, Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Deputy Director, Life Sciences Institute, UBC
Speaker Series # 4: May 11 at 1pm (PST)
- Mary Jung, Associate Professor, School of Health and Exercise Sciences, UBC Okanagan
- Jonathan Little, Associate Professor, School of Health and Exercise Sciences, UBC Okanagan
Speaker Series # 5: June 8 at 1 pm (PST)
- Sarah Gray, Assistant Dean-Curriculum, Associate Professor, Canada Research Chair in Integrative Physiology of Diabetes, UNBC
- Tim Kieffer, Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, UBC
After registering, you will receive a Zoom confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Door Prize: Everyone who registers will be entered in a draw to win a classic UBC hooded sweatshirt